View Single Post
Old 21-03-2018, 10:27 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Thanks Colin, just found yours. They are fantastic.

Glen, what did you think of the Coolah sky for imaging? Unfortunately you left a day early as Saturday night was superb.
It was good Allan, no sky darkness complaints here. I was aiming at imaging objects in the northern section of the sky, which i can't access from home because of trees, so i neglected the obvious bright wonders in the south.

Imaging does take a fair amount of sky time and Seeing affects, and pesky clouds can affect the results. I did get some RGBL exposures for the Christmas Tree Cluster/Cone Nebula area on Thursday night when it got high enough. I am still working on processing.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/337815/0/

On Friday i was trying for the Markarian Chain in Virgo and started on that but the wind came up a bit and cloud moved in and stopped progress before it got high enough to build enough exposures for a good image.

But I was looking through other scopes visually on both nights while waiting for my target to get to altitude; and visually things were wonderful.

Looking at Colin's Lagoon, which must have been taken on Saturday night, i can see how the conditions improved for that last night.

Last edited by glend; 21-03-2018 at 10:46 AM.