View Single Post
Old 21-03-2012, 03:19 PM
sopticals (Stephen)

Smile

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your imput. For the first of the 22"ers I polished with a sub diameter (14") lap (TOT). Stroke "Rosetta", with approx 3" over hang (F-B), coming to the edge side,(no over hang). Took 7 hours to achieve a 99% polish.

The second 22"er, (currently working on), I used a full sized (22") lap. Stroke straight through the center, with a 2"-2.5" over hang (B-F). Took only 3 hours to reach a 95%-99% polish. Used both (TOT) and (MOT), but mainly the former. This was actually very hard work for a 67 year old,(a real good workout).

In the figuring strokes I used all laps from 4" to 17" (TOT). With the smaller laps 4" and 5" a variety of strokes, including, very short straight, to circular (tight and not so tight), to take down high centers, and high zones. The larger laps from 7"- 17", long straight strokes across, but with an off center bias to avoid forming zones.

Love your nice pics.Im not having a lot of joy with my camera in this respect, always seem to look rougher than the visuals. If I can clean up my act (photography), will post something.

Stephen.