View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 09:17 PM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Ok Garys PCB1 is done. Again I had left hand noise bars in the dark frames although this time they were hard to the left not across the image. Again removing C38/C46 and inserting a 220uf electro cap fixed the issue.

I'm going to leave this capacitor in as a fix as this has been successful for me. I think the noise is a combination of issues: the ceramic caps are poor at noise ripple removal; the caps are laid in the wrong place; the filter capacitance is possible low. Its normal to use a combination of ceramic caps and electros for power line filtering and I suspect this is why adding the electro works.

Of note is that many many others with different PCB layouts have had similar issues.

I'm making a "camera obsucera" (pin hole camera) to do a daytime light frame. Busy like a kindergarten kid with toilet roll tubes paper glue/mache etc! Anyway I've already done light frames so its really just a play time task!

Oh this PCB draw a little more current than PCB2 but not enough to worry no ICs are getting hotter than normal. Just monitoring it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (PCB1 0ms Dark.jpg)
132.4 KB58 views
Click for full-size image (PCB1 1s Dark.jpg)
127.4 KB46 views
Click for full-size image (PCB1 10s Dark.jpg)
124.4 KB53 views
Click for full-size image (PCB1 150ms light with lens.jpg)
88.9 KB44 views