Thread: DSLR Mod
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 11:22 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Maybe try a mod.
There is a memeber here who may volunteer to do a mod for you at a reasonable price.
If you get a mono camera you need to include in the budget filters and a filter wheel.
You could consider buying a camera already with the mod as they seem reasonably priced.

Good luck I am going thru the same at the moment ...

alex
Hi Alex,
Stefan does not mention going to a mono CCD as an option. An OSC would be a better comparison to a DSLR unless you are going to debayer it as well. ( Talk to Glen about THAT one !! ) No Filters etc needed in that case.
A small sensor Astrocam for DSO or other imaging from ZWO for instance is about the same as having a conversion done.

Bo, I assume you have found the earlier thread on cooled DSLRs that a few of us posted about a year or so back. I don't know how the 1200D compares internally with the 450D we experimented with at the time but there might be some bits that can be left out to improve access to the sensor. The 450D had a small board for audio output, Obviously not required.

I am currently using a 1200D. It works well unmodded for DSO targets. I'd stick with it then make the jump to a mono camera and filters as I am about to do. Sees to be the next obvious step up to better imaging.