Thread: Ngc 6164
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2015, 03:35 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
That looks very good Russell. As you say the O111 will bring out more of the shockwave which is also in Ha but mostly in O111.

Greg.
Thanks very much Greg, I really enjoyed your recent widefield version (you had the shockwave nicely!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Very nice, Russ. What does the straight Ha look like as a mono image? Adding Oiii would definitely add to the image but you may need a fair amount of it.

I've only attempted HaRGB a few times and haven't been conspicuously successful, so I don't have any advice to offer on that topic...

Cheers,
Rick.
Thanks Rick ... hopefully not 70hrs! I think you're right I'm pushing it uphill a bit! My NB subs were only 10 minutes and while its a 12" f4, it is a dslr and uncooled.

Also I generally save from DSS to tiff format, RegiStar only likes 16bit tiff (but can handle 32bit FITS) so I might think about a restack...
Actually a recapture, might try and take longer nb subs now that I've got a bit of a handle on the tilt issue the existing Ha data is poor and probably not adding much at all https://www.flickr.com/photos/803366...posted-public/
Conditions are looking alright tonight, I might try and nab a few hrs of OIII.