View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Stardrifter_WA
Life is looking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Thanks Pete. You have got a nice clean setup going there. I would like to get that nice machined look for my eyepiece cut outs. But will have to find an option a bit closer to home than WA. Cheers
Hi Allan,

Thanks, I do like things clean and orderly.

Check out "road case manufacturers" in your area, by doing a google search. There are plenty of people out there that do this sort of work, mostly for musicians and such, as it is how they carry all their expensive sound gear around.

However, check prices and specifications, as I found they varied a lot. Although Image Alloy Cases (IAC) wasn't the cheapest in actual price, it was cheaper overall when the higher quality of the product was taken into account. I could have got the SCT case done cheaper, but it was using cheaper materials, like wooden sides instead of aluminium, whereas IAC was only a little more expensive, but had better quality build, including more reinforcing, and quality fittings. You get what you pay for, as the old adage goes.

It is also worth mentioning that dealing locally, my manufacturer even measured the boot of my car to insure that the SCT case would fit. Just hope I don't have to buy a smaller car. Well, that won't happen, unless I can chop some leg length off, as I just don't fit into a small car all that well. The joys of being tall!

Cheers Pete