View Single Post
Old 24-01-2018, 10:14 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Re 6193

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mekon View Post
Last night I turned my new CFF 132mm to NGC 6193 in Ara.

The brightest star in this cluster/nebulosity is H 4876 and 21 years ago I noted this a close double with a 9th mag companion. I was using my Astro-Physics F8 130EDT at the time and the conditions must have been pretty good for me to observe this companion as the separation is around 1.5" and there is a 3 mag difference between primary and secondary. Despite a number of attempts to split this system again, I had failed to do so and was wondering if I had fudged the observation 21 years ago.
Last night I set the CFF to NGC 6193 and with a magnification of 183x clearly split the major star in this group, doubling up with a barlow to check and it was even better! This star has two other companions one about 10" west and another 13" SE. The hard part is observing the close companion to the North.

Would appreciate any other reports

John
Missed your report John..
Theres hardly any references to this multiple star in N6193... h 4876..I need to check it out early morn ..as soon as I have some seeing here in Sydney..do a report....and in the same sized triplet Apo too.

bigjoe.