View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Stefan Buda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavytone View Post
Make a 2" as well. The Bellerophon (www.clementfocuser.com) is no longer available as a 2".

Looks like I'll have to settle for a Starlight FTF2015BCR-RP and have a backplate made locally to suit.
I think the Clement focuser is still protected by patent, although it does not apply to my version with plain hinges.
However I'm thinking about something more along the line of the Atlas focuser, but cheaper if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
I always look for this thread to see how things have developed with this project. I bow down to you Stefan, your skills are exemplary and I marvel at this project. I look forward to more updates and the final product. Incredible workmanship.
Thanks Paul - shame that I have to work for a living, as I wish I had more time for this sort of projects.

Meanwhile, I managed to evaporate some aluminium on the optics and assembled the OTA on the 31st of December.
I found that the focal plane is about 1.5mm further out from where it should be, indicating a potential problem. Maybe it is the unfigured back surface of the Mangin responsible. It will be a long iterative process to get this sorted.

And nearly forgot: Happy New Year everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Alum1.JPG)
195.5 KB147 views
Click for full-size image (Alum2.JPG)
182.7 KB137 views
Click for full-size image (Alum3.JPG)
136.7 KB134 views

Last edited by Stefan Buda; 02-01-2018 at 10:00 PM.