View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 01:20 PM
DavidLJ (David)

There are currently two SynScan apps for controlling a SkyWatcher mount via the SynScan Wi-Fi Adapter. The original one is called “SynScan App”. The new one is called “SynScan App Pro”. Both are free downloads. The blurb for the new one indicates that it is for the advanced user and it does add some features that were missing from the original although the main features are identical. It also corrects some bugs that were present in the original. I can see no reason why anyone would now choose the original in preference to the new app.

Attached is a diagram showing how one can now control a SkyWatcher mount wirelessly using a planetarium or planning program on a Windows PC. It involves downloading and using the Windows version of the SynScan App Pro and the appropriate ASCOM driver. The diagram is based on the planetarium / planning software that I have on my Windows laptop but any program that interfaces to the mount via ASCOM should work just as well. Should I ever need to I can connect and use all three planetarium / planning programs simultaneously in addition to using the SynScan App.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Diagram Using Windows PC programs to control SkyWatcher mount via SynScan WiFi Adapter.JPG)
151.5 KB136 views