View Single Post
Old 22-02-2020, 02:24 PM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Great to see another image from you guys! Sorry to hear about your continued plethora of issues.

I shot this one in RGB; I think it was the first image I captured with the 8" newt and 178m and I was still having issues with it... I wasn't happy with my image and removed it from my public gallery. I found it quite a tough target to present in an aesthetically pleasing way in RGB, so I can appreciate a high quality image of this target when I see one, and this is one for sure.

I have to say I'm not a fan of HHO, I tend not to like yellows and greens in my deep sky photos, but to each his/her own.
Thanks Lee. We'll rush to add SII and then the colours will look more familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
That's a very detailed and hi res image.

I haven't seen this one before. I thought it was more of a northern hemisphere object.

Greg.
Thanks Greg! Despite the heat, the flies, and the damned drums, the seeing hasn't been too bad this summer. It was about 1.8 sec arc for this set. Perhaps the dry air helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Nice to see you guys back on the imaging horse!
Stuffed if I can see Snoopy (I tried), but I'm enjoying the image
Our preference for colour palettes varies widely, but there's some great detail there.
Welcome back!
Thanks Andy. Colour comments accepted. We'll definitely have a go at adding SII and then hopefully our colour sins will be forgiven.

Cheers to all.
MnT