View Single Post
Old 22-02-2020, 10:58 AM
CalvinKlein (Kelvin)

Well I have now been upgraded from the free account to premium (even though my files were automatically recovered somehow).

I had previously decided against going premium as I am currently developing my own website as a sub-domain of my business website, so it costs me no extra money beyond the $19 a month I pay for the business site.

I have been lurking around Astrobin for a long time and admiring others images (and taking screen captures of other people's camera / processing settings for my own education) - only recently did I start posting images to it so I could share the links to full sized images on IceinSpace.

My main concern now is that Salvatore not only has a one-off financial hit for the repair / upgrade / extra short-term capacity of Astrobin's web-hosting but he's now also lost quite a bit of future income by offering quite generous compensation.

I think at some point this year he is going to have put his hand out for donations and/or sponsorship. Given the strong support he has had towards this crisis I'm sure he would get plenty of each.