View Single Post
Old 30-11-2014, 12:59 PM
griz11 (Dan)

Yep

I had a Nexstar 11 dome the whole works about 15 years ago. My health went to ground and I ended up on disability and had to sell all my stuff to keep a roof over my head. I had insurance and all that but it takes them forever to start paying a claim. Couldn't hold out. I was a comet and NEO hunter. I worked with computers in my job and was into automating everything. Tried some DSO imaging but never could get the hang of it. And I bought the Nexstar about a month after they came out and they had problems. Not something a beginner could even hope to solve. I had people from the club come over none of us could get it to work for very long. A buddy I met on a forum bought one about the same time he gave up about a month before I did. I bought a Borg refractor and was saving up for a Fuji Finepix S2 Pro DLSR to use for imaging mounted on the 11inch. But my camera train was too heavy for the focuser on the Borg and my Ioptron wouldn't fit on the Borg. Just had to have that big scope. I had a GM-8 and an 8in SCT. Should have bought a refractor I know that now. But its all water under the bridge I did it right looks like this time and I can get the images that I've always wanted to get lots more learning to look forward too as well.

Griz