View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 08:09 PM
White Rabbit
Space Cadet

I use to set up and pack down every night but polar aligning every night was really giving me the $hits and let's face it astro gear ain't exactly light.

I started to leave it out until rain was forecast, and that was ok for a while but soon became tedious. I the experimented with tarps and out door furniture covers, they were ok but not great. Sometimes you get condensation build up under covers and they leak.

I ended up with scope and tripod cover from telegizmos in the US. Their 365 range is designed for you leave your mount out there all year long. I couldn't be happier with it. I don't have a pier and so use a tripod, I have a little table under the tripod that holds the power supply and I even leave my laptop permanently under the tripod cover.

When want to image all I have to do is take the scope cover off, switch the power on at the mains, reach under the tripod cover to switch the laptop on then I do the rest from my ipad remotely.

I haven't had a single issue and my new Losmandy g11 has been in the garden for a year next month.