View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Roobi

Amazed Noobi

Hi there.
Well i got my very first telescope at christmas time, something ive wanted since i was a lil one, and i have to say im amazed at how much i can see. It's quite a smallish telescope 5.12" and 650mm focal length celestron astromaster 130eq but i was clearly able to see saturn and its rings. Though quite small, it was still magnificent. I even managed to see titan.
I quickly whipped out my digital camera and tried to shoot it through the eyepiece, and suprisingly enough i actually got an ok image. I can't wait to get a proper camera, already im hanging to get some stonger lenses as i only have the 10mm and 20mm. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks would be the best eyepieces for me to get.
On a side note, i can't believe how much i'm learning. I'm focusing on the saucepan at the moment and trying to learn as much as i can about that area. Great nebula in orion looked cool last night, though i was surprised to see no colour. Is colour only seen at higher mags or only with filters?
As im sure you can tell, i'm so wrapped up in this now, i can barely sit still for excitement.
lol thanx for listening to my rambling guys and happy exploring.