View Single Post
Old 31-07-2020, 07:34 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

With my camera having arrived this week (I must have only just beaten you out Martin and got the last one, I think I ordered mine on 11 June) I shot my darks using the native driver with Voyager. I have an APT licence (I moved to SGP as APT couldn't deal with focusing my SCT, and then to Voyager as it did it better and faster) I will re-download whatever the latest version of APT my license allows and see how it goes with both the native and ASCOM driver.

From my shooting of darks, they look a lot smoother at the lowest gain than my 294 does and the read noise at that gain is only 3.3e so about double the read noise of the 294 at unity where the HGC switches on. I plan to use the lowest gain, but I am under a dark sky.

If all goes well I will get a chance to start chasing my spacing down tomorrow night, with a near full moon to simulate light pollution! I have to change a number of bits in the image train and until my new mount shows up I will be unguided so limited to short exposures, I might try short subs at higher gain for that and see what it produces, then switch to my preferred gain for the new moon when I will hopefully have the new mount.