View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 01:13 AM
fringe_dweller
on the highway to Hell

knocked up a rough and ready montage/panorama of p1 and its enormous tail using 5 images taken in succession @ iso 400 50mm lens 350d, photomerge/ps, from last monday night 22nd jan - while not very pretty - hopefully when i use the raw versions (converted to tiff) and one of those great pc panorama proggies on the pc (and do the post processing/enhancement first before merging, artificial darkframes ect. lol it might come out okish?
it is a dirty looking scene - but it was dirty looking comet at this point to my eyes - reminds of the natural view fairly well, wasnt spectacular skies really at the time, ok tho, transparency wasnt very brilliant, but seeing was, and it was certainly dark - i was too close to victoria and there was still a little smoke haze from there down there. despite the rains.
if it works, its a nice big file for print? i dont think ill ever understand why i just didnt put the 18-55mm @ 18 mm on too much excitement I expect - it was a bit dusty for changing lenses, i think
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (p1photmergetest1.jpg)
102.2 KB111 views