View Single Post
Old 26-10-2015, 03:47 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Russell I think this slim filter drawer might just work with 36mm filters:

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop...w-Profile.html

I would be concerned about my heavier than normal cooled camera hanging off the back of it though. Teleskop-Express makes pretty good gear but it would be a risk without trying one out. I need a solution that works for both the RC and the Newt (with the Baader MPCC on the camera). With the RC I could get a special M90 adaptor ring made by Precision Parts so that I could move the camera a little closer to get more room for the filter drawer if needed. The Newt setup would need to be tested, I think I just have enough room for the drawer, but if I don't it would require moving the primary a little.

The Clip-in Narrow band filters are fairly attractive from a cost point of view (from some sources); and do not require buying more gear, or mods that might introduce flex in the imaging train.

Does anyone have any experience with the Teleskop-Express DSLR filter drawer?
I know what you mean they do look like an attractive option in many respects - money is one! However, I don't think I ever managed to put a clip in filter without putting a thumbprint on them. Worth it for the occasional Ha or maybe Oiii but i reckon it will drive you mad using for a mono camera.

If you like I can send one over to you for a lend (its just the L filter). Give it a go and get a feel for it?

I have a slider draw from TS but its for 2" filters http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/...ig-sensor.html I currently have the setup
canon - bayonet - FILTER Draw - OAG - 17-23mm variable spacer - RCCI I haven't had any issues with it -i can remove a filter without taking the camera from the focuser.

Cheers

Russ