View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeno View Post
Picked it up yesterday afternoon.
Feels good in the hand even though some of the buttons are a bit small for my larger than average digits.

First impressions is that the auto focus is super quick and quiet, looking forward to learning how to use it. Its going to take a while to be adept enough to take advantage of some of its features. Its like learning a new language, after speaking Nikon for so long....

Anyway, its early days yet and the instruction booklet (why can't they print one) is vague at best. And I think its a bit tight that Olympus don't include hoods with the lenses.

I love the retro look and its small, I mean tiny! If it performs as well as the reviews I've read on it claim, it will be quite a jump in performance over the old D200....

Haven't worried about the Nikon adaptor yet (did order the T-adaptor though)

Yes I'm excited!!!
Thanks Chris
Its a minor point but I must say I love the Nikon D800's power switch wrapped around the shutter button. Always easy to find even in the dark.

In fact overall I find the D800 has pleasing ergonomics. The menus are well thought out although I still find it hard to find certain things at times I know are there!

Greg.