View Single Post
Old 19-08-2017, 01:44 AM
kkara4 (Krishan)

I am in Bend, OR now, arrived two days ago. Everything is very much business as usual here, walmarts fully stocked (except for the eskies...).

US Hwy 26 has been completely rekt for two days out of Prineville due to the 35K+ people trying to get to the hippy eclipse festival happening NE of there.

Today it seems much more calm, but as Friday closes and the weekend begins, every man and his dog from Portland and generally west of the cascade mountains is due to come to Madras. it will be interesting to see how much of a zoo it becomes, and whether the people numbers exceed or fall short of estimations.

I drove through Madras, it is a much smaller town than i was expecting. similar to Beaudesert in size i would say.

Weather prospects are excellent. a large wildfire is presently burning just NW of Bend, sending smoke through Bend, but wind forecasts should keep it completely away from the path of totality. No other wildfires yet in the whole of Eastern Oregon. Transparency is otherwise excellent east of Bend.

I will report back Tuesday morning (AU time). Good luck to everyone that came over!