View Single Post
Old 21-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Grimmeister (Anthony)

Seeking some help for a GSO RC10 Scope

Hi Everyone,

Calling all GSO RC10 owners, I am seeking some help from you all! I have had to dismantle my GSO RC10 due to what I thought was a cracked mirror but turned out to be bug poop . Of course mirror spacing is critical to these optical units and I have not got this correct after the process . As such I am asking for some assistance from others that own these units.

The history so far: during my testing and posting of Astrometry results (0.444 arc seconds per pixel scale) I can determine the focal length of my scope to be at 2002.25mm based on the following maths:

(206.2648 x [Pixel Size in μm]) / [Arcseconds Per Pixel = Focal Length in mm

I have a CDS600D with 4.3 micron pixels

Giving me the following: 206.2648*4.31/0.444 = 2002.25mm Focal Length.

Now I have searched around and from what I can see focal lengths are listed anywhere from 1970mm to the full 2032mm. From my understanding the focal length should be 2032mm based on the 254mm Mirror and F8 Focal ratio but I am way off that number.

I however either need a real world example or the exact focal length as designed by the manufacturer as the basis with which to work from. Once I have this detail I can then tune according to my optics and scope specifics to get an exact set up functional.

If there are any GSO RC10 owners out there could you let me know the following details:

1) what your image scale is by testing it here: http://nova.astrometry.net/upload
2) What is your camera pixel size in microns?

I can work out the rest from there using the above formula and have an indicator if my scope mirrors are too close or too far apart.

Thanks in advance for your help .

Cheers

Anthony