View Single Post
Old 31-05-2019, 08:42 PM
Howard (Howard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
No more stiff necks now as I just sit at my Laptop and complete my Synscan PA routine in comfort and with more control
Another hint is to de focus your stars into a small donut and centre them that way , it’s far more accurate
Cheers
We think alike Startrek ... ditto pretty much to all your comments. I use EOS Utilities Liveview, and AstroToaster for imaging/VA/EAA (I "observe" with camera rather than EPs).

To continue in helping the OP re PA without seeing the pole ... there is also the iterative PA procedure which I've done a few times. Pick any star lying on 0 degrees DEC (ie the equatorial line) and use the HC SYNC feature to centre that star (think it's called PAE in the menu). Then slew to any star on the same side of the meridian closer towards the pole and note how far off centre it is. You adjust out half the error using the ALT and AZ bolts. Then repeat slewing back to the first equatorial star, SYNC, then back to the second star to note how far off it is, halve the error using ALT, AZ bolts. And so on.