View Single Post
Old 13-10-2012, 03:12 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiphart View Post
Finally doing some testing for the eclipse and having a few issues with Eclipse Orchestrator. Anybody got advice for the following questions? I'm using a 5DMKII.

1) I have a Shoestring DPUSB adapter, so as I understand it for the "Minimum spacing between exposures" I should be able to use much less than 1 second? What do others use for this setting? I'm finding that even with spacing around two seconds, the camera settings often do not match what they are supposed to be during a sequence, which suggests that the setting of the exposure via USB and the firing of the shutter via Shoestring DPUSB are still tripping over each other a lot?

2) Recycle Time in the hardware setup is just used when visualising the sequence.. but does not actually affect the program etc right? That seems consistent with the short entry in the Help contents.

3) I've often found that the log stops getting updated, ie when i go back and review it after a sequence, it stopped partway through. For awhile it seems the log had completely frozen and was not showing even program startup etc after several attempts. Then finally it kicked back into life again.. anybody else experience that?

Appreciate any thoughts..

Would love to see somebody's else's program and particularly how many shots for diamond ring/bailey's beads/prominences you manage to fit into that short period of time.

cheers
Phil
ok from the testing i have done to date you only shoot RAWS, you have nothing on the memory card to start with ie formatted fresh, make sure you have the fastest possible memorycard you can afford to get, ie 95mbpersec or better, do not save to computer only to memory card, 1 per second is probably about it, but you can test it to see if it will do quicker. with SEM running a 1 sec shot scenario i can get quite a lot of shots off. but it will work in a sort of burst mode for the baileys beads. go to Xaviers website for some hints

i will be honest i found Eclipse Orchestrator to be a pain to get to work (i bought the pro version a few years back) , especially with newer canon cameras. the free programme setnc seems to work with the newer 650D where it wont with the EO, or SEM.

also use the usb connection, i only use the dsusb for the 30d but i am running the 650D 600D and 60D off usb only

Last edited by h0ughy; 13-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.