View Single Post
Old 20-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Sooby (John)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrowoody View Post
Thanks
Good question. If I remember, it showed the co-ordinates it went to but if I pressed the direction buttons to adjust the position nothing happened. I will check that next time I set it up.
By the way when I say "aligned the mount successfully" the display said "alignment successful". I didn't get the visual alignment that accurately. I need more practice at that. That said I thought it would be adjustable to some degree.
Hello

I was doing some searching for a resolution to the problem I am experiencing with my mount (HEQ5) and noted this thread. I am experiencing the same problem I think.

I went to use my second hand mount for the first time tonight (first ever use of a GEM and GoTo) and it all seemed to be going well.

I am a visual observer so I 'eyeballed' the SCP as I was only testing the mount in my backyard.

The mount star aligns to what I would say is a close enough position. However, when the hand set prompts me to slew the mount to the object the direction arrows do not respond.

When I tell the mount that it has successfully aligned (even though it is only close enough) the arrow keys do not respond as well.

Any suggestions on a resolution please?