Thread: What do I need?
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2009, 12:07 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

The guidescope is probably a fairly cheap achromat, but if it's something like an ED80 then that should definitely be your deep sky imaging scope for a while.

Maybe someone from Melbourne with astrophotography experience with an LX will pop in to this thread. It would make it a lot easier for you.

As far as other equipment goes you will also need a Canon T-ring, a T adapter and an SC adapter to attach the camera to the Focal reducer. The SC Adapter probably came with the scope if you have a Focal Reducer. The SC Adapter just looks like a short 2" pipe with a thread on one end. If you are stuck for an SC adapter (which goes in the front of the FR then you can always use one of these, an Orion Prime Focus adapter and screw the silver barrel out.) Focusing is always an issue so a Bahtinov mask will help and with SCT you have a moving primary mirror for focusing so think down the future of a zero shift focuser

Here's an image of my setup (without the focuser which I now have). http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/a...se.php?a=17826

Welcome to the money pit.