View Single Post
Old 27-11-2015, 10:02 AM
rustigsmed (Russell)

thanks for the comment Greg I think you are right.
I'll await my spacers (35mm) arrival from TS and set that up. I had the RCC1 working well with my dslr setup - moving from the DSLR to the qhy22 the sensor to camera difference is 44mm vs 7.5mm (so 36.5mm extra) I have a different nose piece Dslr was a 0mm M48 bayonet on the qhy22 I have used this http://www.bintel.com.au/Astrophotog...oductview.aspx unfortunately it doesn't say exactly the added distance. perhaps 2mm or 2.5mm so the extra 35mm should nearly be exactly what I need to perhaps plus 0.5mm or 1mm. I do have a variable distance spacer in my imaging train that can be adjusted.

Theo isn't sure Ray, suggested it may be the pixel structure on the wafer or maybe the USB download timing for data flow. Hoping to setup Thursday night with the RCC1 and PA etc in less of a rush.
But in my capture sequence (in SGPro) I did go 4x4, then 2x2 and finally 1x1 without pausing between so the data download from usb could well be the issue it could explain why 1x1 is clean. Perhaps I need to use a pause function between capture to let my ancient laptop cope with doing two things at once? i'm sure there is a way in SGPro. I'll try that first.