View Single Post
Old 28-05-2019, 12:55 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The Starlink satellites are reported to already be intrusive for observers at high latitudes.

Video here :-
https://youtu.be/tCZEBbwt8yQ
Thanks Gary. In isolation, I can imagine that being a beautiful sight to behold - initially. Soon enough the novelty would wear off though. Perhaps my 4 yr old boy may be the last generation to witness a clean sky. Sure, we've had satellites for decades, but sightings are an exception, not a constant norm for urbanites.

These "Trains" I guess will break up, as they gradually deploy to an equidistant contellation, like GPS?

I can imagine anyone who protests these things (for whatever valid reason) will be shouted down for being "unprogressive". Who is the target audience/market for these internet services? Developing countries perhaps, "Internet for all", etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavytone View Post
Time to build an infrared or UV laser cannon and start frying the electronics in these things. It is feasible to build an IR laser capable of doing this, if you have a spare 12" dob that can be used to deliver the beam.

Those responsible will eventually give up after most of them have gone silent prematurely.
I like this idea. Probably more than is healthy. Perhaps one should keep such plans on the lowdown? We all know how excited people get in laser pointer threads.