View Single Post
Old 13-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Chris.baron (Chris Baron)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymck View Post
Couldn't collimate with the corrector in place, so stacked every extension tube I had to get out to where the corrector would focus. There is a very slight collimation difference out there as opposed to where I originally collimated. This may be due to the extension tubes not locking down square, or may be a real collimation difference. Will have to try next clear night and see if this fixes things...
cheers
Gary
Any joy Gary? I'm interested in the RCC1 myself. I have a customised R200ss (carbon fibre and a feathertouch focuser) and am finding that whilst my 50mm finder scope guiding solution works, it isn't perfect. I'm therefore hoping to get my Lumicon OAG into service to see how that turns out. I was able to finally achieve the correct spacing with my MPCC so that's at least a positive thing, but given I am relegated to narrowband imaging longer exposures are a necessity. Fat stars are somewhat sub-optimal.

So all of that said, I'm hoping you're able to achieve proper collimation/focus/whathaveyou with your combo so that I can feel comfortable with trying it out myself. I've bought too many items brand new only to find they don't cut it and then have to take a bath on reselling them. The CFO has not been amused.

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by Chris.baron; 13-04-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: proper formatting