View Single Post
Old 19-03-2011, 09:32 AM
garymck (Gary)

Baader Rowe Coma Corrector and matching Off Axis Guider

Hi,
just received a new Baader RCC1 Rowe Coma Corrector and Baader Off Axis Guider to use on my 8" f4 GSO Newt. Decided to get these to hopefully cure differential flex problems I had been having on very long exposures.

The coma corrector appears nicely made and the entrance lens is quite large - around 46mm or so. The Off Axis guider came in a Baader box, but is labeled as a Celestron Radial Guider, and appears to be exactly that, but without the SCT connection bits. No instructions were provided with either unit.

Will post pics and test results as soon as the sky clears enough to try some test pics, as I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in this combo - especially since it allows a filter wheel to go after the guider, or the use of a DSLR with coma corrector/off axis guider due to its long (91.5) mm spacing. The guider is 36.5mm thick, so allows an extra 55mm to put a t-ringed DSLR at optimum spacing, or a CCD camera + filter wheel up to that thickness. Purchased from Alpine Astro in the US, with usual excellent service....

cheers
Gary

Last edited by garymck; 30-03-2011 at 10:23 AM.