View Single Post
Old 25-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Paddy (Patrick)
Canis Minor

Thanks all for your responses. I do need to practice getting these stars better - I was convinced I was doing better with it until I got to look at them under the light. Practice, practice. I did these over two nights and agree that 3 a night is probably a good limit at this stage. I've been doing the LMC ones at lower power (135x) to show how they all fit together. I have a ridiculous long term fantasy of describing and drawing every cluster in the cloud, and maybe stitching them together in a mosaic. Might never get there, but it will keep me busy for some years. Will need better computer skills as well as sketching ones. Mental, I do use white paper and graphite and then invert the images after I've scanned them. At the moment I'm using a spiral sketch pad - is this a good grade of paper to use? I really like seeing yours - very nice indeed and your "comet" is quite delightful. I see what you mean about the texture of the black paper - the end result looks great. Sounds like it would be good to see a few of Sab's and Paul's too...