View Single Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:37 AM
solissydney (Ken)

I gave away the idea of Methanol,( too difficult to locate for most, comes in 1 liter can min, used for drag racing instead of petrol) after I purchased a pack of Inca Screen protectors for camera's. It comes with three stick-on sheets, one wet-wipe and one dry-wipe used for preparing the screens before installation of the clear plastic protectors. The wet-wipe, unlike Acetone and Isopropanol, leaves no residue. To test, place a few drops on clear glass or plastic and let evaporate. My camera was filthy on the inside so I decided to give it a good vacuum, see image. It did wonders, The CMOS, I found out was also very dirty. By applying some drops squeezed out of the wet-wipe onto the dry-wipe I began wiping the CMOS however, there were too much liquid on the dry-wipe so I resorted to using the dry-wipe with one finger in order to remove the excess liquid. This took some time as the dry-wipe was not all that absorbent. But all went well, with no marks or scratches on the CMOS, the camera is now clean as a whistle on the inside.
Next time I proceed to do that I will use just one drop or less, off the wet-wipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1-copy.jpg)
108.5 KB21 views