Thread: Qhy9
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Hagar (Doug)

Hi Robert, I don't know at what stage of the imaging slippery slide you are up to but can say. I owned a QHY9 and like all QHY cameras they are quite nice cameras but the QHY9 fault list seems huge but in real terms almost every problem has been addressed by QUI. The cameras are quite stable and give very nice results.. I for one didn't enjoy LRGB imaging. I found it very time consuming compared to the QHY8 OSC and the results I was getting were no better. Bear in mind I didn't want the camera for NB imaging just RGB and found the QHY8 a much easier process. The Kodak CCD is a nice sized chip but quite noisy requiring a lot of dark subtraction. That aside the mono CCD is sooooooo sensitive and should I reinvent myself back to black and white or Mono Ha I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Irrespective of which camera you choose is it is from the QHY range speak to THeo/ Gama on this forum, his knowledge and after sales service is second to none. Nothing is to much trouble for him. I can't praise this side of the buisness enough.

Good luck with it.