View Single Post
Old 28-12-2007, 02:18 PM
你B
Its only a column of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave47tuc View Post
Hi Sab,
Well mate you never cease to amaze me Your reports of high mag, and pushing my old scope to it's limits thrills me really.
Well done on your observing and lets hope we get a clear night next week for you to come and have a look through some big glass
Cool as!

After the success I had with 52 Orionis (and other stuff) at this ridiculous mag, I've decided to get a TV 2.5x powermate and upgrade my existing Barlow to a TV 2x model. My current barlow is a cheap no name model with a single layer coated lens which is covered in dust! That way I'll have a max power of 892x for extreme double star work and will also have 625x which'll nicely fill the gap between the 500x and 714x.

Doubt 892x would be useful on anything except tight doubles but you nerver know you could be in for a shock when that night of perfect seeing finally rolls around....

Quote:
I see you like the LVW's as well
great lenses for sure. Having the 3.5mm pipe bomb sitting atop the comparatively tiny barlow sticking about 20cm out of the focuser is quite hair-raising!

Quote:
I was out last night also with my little scope and a friends 5" apo. Seeing in our area was poor most of the night. So our views of Mars where no good.
Could make out some detail but it was mushy at best.
Mind you we could see the 6 Trap stars in the 5" ok.

Catch you soon my friend and keep up the great observing
Dave.
I had one of the better nights of seeing (for once!) It must all be pretty localised then. Mars is always so so from here aswell thanks to its worst possible position stuck on the butt cheeks of the twins.

Last edited by 你B; 28-12-2007 at 05:01 PM.