View Single Post
Old 29-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Tropo-Bob (Bob)

What did You observe on the Moon tonight/last night.

I viewed the Moon with my 80mm Orion triplett, using 5 & 7mm Delite EPs. The moon was a Waxing, 63.8% illuminated according to the ISS Moon Phase reckoner.

Copernicus western crater wall is bathed in sunlight, but its floor is in shadow. The eastern wall looks thin in comparison, but has a bright little thickening in its eastern region, which contrast sharply against the shadowed-floor background.

Clavius appears impressively near the terminator in the deep South. Nothing is lit to its west, but its floor is sunlet, although dark shadows from its Eastern Wall can be seen and its Western floor seems to be less than fully illuminated.

Against the terminator, I also notice some shallow, broad trench like features in the Mares; one being just north of the crater Lambert.

So kindly join in with your own observations and images. Lots of people have their own special interest on features on the Moon, so it would be great to hear those, as well as observations on the more popular/striking items of interest.

Beginners especially welcome!