View Single Post
Old 13-10-2015, 05:32 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
Hi Russell,

Whatever camera you will decide to get - I am sure you will be delighted with higher detail and greater versatility of a mono camera.

If funds allow for it, I would probably look favourably at Atik One plus dedicated OAG - the one Atik sells as a package. Better cooling, Argon filled CCD chamber, and also integrated wheel and OAG means no issues with flex. Let's face it, you will need a filter wheel. Yes, with Atik cameras filters can be attached one at the time directly to the camera, but detaching the camera from the scope each time you would like to to change a filter is just too risky IMO.

Also, ICX 814 (Atik 490 or Atik One 9.0) is IMO a more interesting choice - at a cost of slightly lower sensitivity you get a higher resolution and if needed you can bin it 2x2 and create larger pixels and thus greater well depth and still have a decent resolution for imaging at longer fl.

Personally, I would not swap ICX 814 for ICX 694.

Cannot comment on QHY unfortunately.
thanks for the first hand experience on the chip Slawomir. That is interesting what you say about the 814. the idea of having a contained imaging unit with less cords / flexure etc makes sense too. my cord management is quite poor with my dslr/oag setup. these units maybe starting to head out of my price range perhaps not the 6.0 well maybe w/out the OAG and guider. I've currently got cls-ccd Ha Oiii and S2 in 2", so new additional purchases required. I'll have to mull over it a bit more, I currently use filter draws rather than a filter wheel which also reduce flexure but are more hands on. I probably only change them once a night, taking them in and out doesn't bother me, perhaps exposing them to humidity and the outside world does.
More food for thought.

Cheers