View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:23 AM
garymck (Gary)

Hi,
my biggest issue is with the licence. The download says that it can be installed twice, and that they "may" give you a third licence. On the web site it says 3 pc's, but the licence that pops up when you install says 2. Also, you cannot transfer your licence to another PC, they specifically say that replacing your motherboard will invalidate a licence. If you want to protect yourself you have to spend another 89 Euros on a dongle that allows it to run on other pc's. Why can't they manage licences like SGP or APP where you can log on and de licence a pc??

Another big issue is that Plate solving only works when you are on line, you cannot use a local installation of ANSVR - the option is in the menu, but when you try it a message that this is a feature of Prism 11 pops up.

Have been running through the trial a bit, but have not yet found any compelling reason to spend big bucks - especially since I already own PI, APP and SGP - although SGP I find a bit flaky and I'll probably move to CCDCiel which is free.......and integrates with Cartes du Ciel and Siril, which are also free.

Gary