View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 01:17 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Welcome to the forum,

You might actually be surprised by what you can actually achieve with the gear you have.....

Do a search for Celestron 6SE Astrophotography & then go look at some of the images on Astrobin that turn up in your search...

Here is but one example: https://www.astrobin.com/gear/20307/celestron-nexstar-6se/

Are there limitations, sure there is but, you can achieve some pretty good results with what you already have & learn how your camera works for short exposure work, learn processing & learn a whole bunch of useful things before you drop a ton of money on a full on AP rig..

Up to you though, it's your money...

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilanya View Post
Hi folks,

New here and new to the hobby. About a month ago I bought some brand new equipment on a whim and have now discovered that it isn't overly suited to what I want to do, which is wide field AP but also and mostly nebulae & galaxies.

I currently have:
- Celestron NexStar 6SE with Alt-AZ GoTo mount
- F/6.3 Reducer Corrector
- StarSense
- Celestron 1.25 Eyepiece & Filter Kit
- Celestron Canon EOS T-Ring
- Celestron T-Adapter SCT
- Canon 80D (unmodded)

My plan is to sell the above (apart from the Canon 80D) and start with a SkyWatcher EQ6-R Pro but unsure what scope and/or camera lens to go for.

Any advice would be great, and bonus points for the reasons you'd go with that particular item.

TIA!