View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 10:31 AM
luka
Unregistered User

Tom and Giles, welcome!!!

I have used PCBway few times in the past. We actually got a PCBs made there only about a month ago. The boards were always of decent quality. In one instance the silk screen was out a fraction of a mm and a bit blurry but that does not matter really.

I would estimate the cost of our PCB to about AU$25 for 10 + about AU$35 for shipping to AU + few $ for PayPal/CC fees. The price per PCB would be cheaper for larger orders. Easy to get quotes on the PCBway website. The biggest cost usually is the shipping.

I was never involved getting populated PCBs with PCBway. We recently ordered 10 prefabbed PCBs from another Chinese manufacturer for about $1200 (not including parts). Mainly through-hole components and not too many. The base US$20 will probably cover 50 solder joints and they charge per solder joint. AtMega already has 30 solder joints. >$100US probably may be reasonable cost to expect.

The quality of the hand solder joints we had on our prefabbed boards was quite good.

It may be worth getting proper quotes. Another option would be to selectively only get the difficult parts soldered. Note that it will all be hand-soldered unless we order over 100 boards. Testing etc all costs extra.

Brendan, do you trust someone else to do the soldering for you

Last edited by luka; 01-10-2016 at 10:43 AM.