View Single Post
Old 29-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Solar (Ralph Smith)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
Hi again, WJ will correct for field rotation if you tell it to, but I've only used it on the raw videos. In fact, I used it extensively to remove the field rotation from all my videos when I was using my Canon DSLR to take images of the planets, Jupiter and Saturn both took about 10 minutes of capture time at 20 fps so I could get enough frames. The frame rate of the ASI224MC is obviously much faster but it requires more frames as the noise levels are higher.

The difficulty I have found is making sure the 10 or so stacked images out of AS!3 line up perfectly with each other (and are not field rotated). If the stacked images are not perfectly aligned, I'll end up making the final image worse. When I was using my DSLR, there was always a moon or two in the frame for precise alignment in the case of Jupiter, Saturn should be easier with its rings but it doesn't take much to be out of alignment.

Maybe I can combine the stacked frames into a new "video" using PIPP, and let WJ undo the field rotation on that. I'll see what it can do.

Thanks, Andrew
Hi Andrew,
Where there is a will there's a way.
There are often very reasonable EQ5 and EQ6 come up as well.
I am interested to see how you manage the field rotation.
This image is 12 minutes and seeing 8/10.Same gear and processing just better conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Fin copy.jpg)
11.6 KB45 views