View Single Post
Old 29-01-2020, 10:41 AM
Solar (Ralph Smith)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
Thanks for the info, the extra aperture sure helps get the detail. I've seen others talk about the improvements WJ can give with stacking multiple sessions (for instance see this link here ), but I was afraid of making it worse by getting the time or orientation wrong. Being on an altaz mount makes it more difficult (as I'm sure you know well) since the orientation of the planet is not constant.

The change in colour balance between the two cameras is interesting, how do you choose the final balance?

But it sounds like it's worth another try with WJ.

Andrew
I didn't realise that it was a fork mount (ataz).
Have not tried that setup for long capture process. If you use FireCapture it will save the correct times for use in WJ. Just tick that box in the settings.
Try it and see but not sure WJ corrects for field rotation. Someone will know.
It is easy to put a wedge on it. My 12inch was an altaz as well and the electronics died so I put it on an EQ6 Pro for that reason.
Yes the colour difference between the two cameras is quite different. I used the 290mc most of the time last season and really just developed my own colour scheme in PS CS6 that why the big difference.
There are many things that go together to make an image standout. Each of them playing there part and each as important as the one before and after.
It took awhile for the silk purse syndrome to sink in to my thick head. That is, it does not mater how good your gears is, your processing or any other slight of hand one thinks they have, if the SEEING is poor or anyway below average then alas so will be the results.
Let me know how you go.
Cheers,
Ralph.