pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Try and post some photos when its up.
Good luck with the project.
Alex
G'day Alex.

Here's a progress report - of sorts. I'm still waiting for the sexy part of the electrics to turn up: a controller, relay, dump load etc.

But in the interim, the turbine has arrived and I'm engaged in a tricky process of precisely balancing the 5 blades to eliminate vibration etc on the bearings. I didn't do that the previous two builds and paid a price for it.

I have also redesigned and rebuilt the whole of the core electrics (see attached pic) - doubled the battery bank so it is now 4x100 AH in a series/parallel 24 Volt array of total 200 AH storage; also increased the Inverter size/capacity to 2000 watts of PS wave; added some lights, meters, switches and plugs; dug up most of the trench running the old conduit from the turbine tower and solar panels and made ready to lay new cable as soon as I can bring myself to dig the final 4 or 5 meters of trench.

Bleedin' hard clay soil does not make for fun. I allow myself a meter in the early morning and another in the twilight - too hot and too much sun in between. I think I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for all this digging.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (stage 2 [25].jpg)
93.6 KB29 views