Thread: DLSR Newt Focus
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2016, 09:17 AM
MakkaPakka (Daniel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
If setup using these, simply put the 2" adaptor into your focuser, with the flange right against the focuser tube top flange.

Try this first without a Coma Corrector!

So come back here after you have tried to attain focus without a coma corrector, that is step one. If you cannot attain focus with just the scope adaptor, and you think you need more in-focus range to do so, then the solution is usually to move the primary mirror up the tube slightly (often this can be done within the range of the adjustment screws supplied). You can get as much as 5mm this way, maybe more, but you don't want to adjust it out so much that a mirror ring screw comes loose, you still need to be able to lock it. You can get longer primary screws, stronger and longer springs, etc if you need more range. If a scope is being sold as an imaging optimised scope, then the focal length should already be setup to be able to attain focus IMHO. However, don't muck around with moving the mirror until it is clear that is the last option.

Finally, I don't understand your comment about a 2" to 1" adaptor, because that should have no place on the imaging train setup for a DSLR. You want to be 2" all the way into the camera.
Sorry, by that I mean that standard apdator you get when purchasing the telescope, that goes into the 2" focuser but allows 1.25" eye pieces and the such.

For the T-Adapter, it's a Celestron 1.25 Universal. I'll pick the one you linked and see how I go.

Thanks heaps