View Single Post
Old 26-06-2022, 12:38 PM
dizzy2003 (Michael)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
Hi Michael,

It is an interesting video to watch and I like the way you’re going about finding the problem. Before pulling the trigger on a board though, I’d be making sure that the reason the motors are doing what they’re doing isn’t because they’re being told to. I’m seeing no period to the faults and I feel like if it were a board fault the amplitude of the spikes would vary more than they do. I wouldn’t expect the spikes to be so consistent in nature from signal drop out unless there was consistency to the period. That’s just my take.

Cheers

Ryan
Yeah there's certainly no guarantee its a pcb issue but am struggling to think of alternatives..

Its also interesting to me that the spikes are of consistent length and are directly proportional to the GuideRate so 50% guiderate is 12.5 arc seconds. 100% guiderate is 25 arc seconds. (In this video I set guiderate to 100% to make the spikes easier to see)

my assumption is that some noise on the comms is causing a signal to be occasionally be misinterpreted and it lasts the length of the guidepulse.

I should see if I can see what the comms commands actually are.

I've tried 2 different computers and a asiair and 2 different eqmod cables. so unless I need to try a third cable it seems like any comms errors is internal rather than external to the mount.