View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 11:07 PM
pgc hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental4astro View Post
What a great trio: Solar system, galactic and extra galactic subjects.

Very nice detail you've picked up off Mars, Sab. Cloud formations on the Red Planet have always intrigued me.

Orestis, this PN isn't a big sucker, yet you've managed to squeeze quite a bit out of it. 250X with a push-pull dob - nice...

Paddy, THIS is good! The rotten weather I've had here has robbed me of the chance to pin this collection of objects this season. I had been wondering how wide a field these objects spanned. I imagined that they would be able to take quite some magnification, but they whole lot is quite concentrated. There is so much happening there.

<sigh>, one day I may get to see it too, <sigh> . And the Horsie, <sigh>. I had planned to get this one in the bag this season too. Now, another year gone...
Thanks Alex. The 8" does seem to do well when contrast is concerned, the clouds were pretty easy to pick out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Great sketches Sab and Orestis. Very good observing in both drawings!

Here's one I made last night of NGCs 1850, 1854, 1858 (all on LHS of sketch), 1860 in centre and 1863 bottom RHS. Henize N103B just to the left of 1850.

Made using 16" dob with 13mm nagler, 175x TFOV 28'
Very nice sketch Paddy, really illustrates what awaits the scope in our nearest galatic neighbour. We are very fortunate indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestis View Post
Hi everyonehttp://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/....ilies/wave.gif,

Its been ages since I have done any serious observing let alone post on Iceinspace so, I thought I'd share this sketch I made of ngc 2438 in m46 yesterday (24/2/12).Magnification used was 250x and I also used my recently aquired O III filter which accentuated the detail.

Regards Orestis
Good stuff mate, I think you've captured the nebula very well. I've got a sketch of this object and it is almost identical to yours.