View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Roof

Not able to focus using Camera on scope

Dear All,

Recently i bought a Skywatcher Refractor telescope D70xF900mm, I must admit just for fun. We talked to the guy in the store and we wanted something for day and night viewing. Then one night we discovered saturn (Fantastic), We were very excited. Problem was saturn was very small. More money then sense we thought a bit bigger scope, Bigger saturn, So we went to a different store and bought a skywatcher Reflector 130x1000mm, A bit dissapointed when Saturn wasn't as big as the moon, The guy in the store told me that that was never going to happen but it should look a bit better, Which is true. Nevermind i'm still having fun, I don't watch television as much.

As my other hobby is a bit of photography, You guessed right, My camera had to go on my telescope. Went to the store and bought a little tube and a t-ring.

I though to myself let's try the moon first and see what happens, Big dissapointment i could not get the focus on the moon. As i'm very very new to all of this and a bit unknowing i would like to ask the following.

The first time i didn't use any eyepiece (no focus possible) I tried no tube, half a tube, full length tube i could not get the moon in focus. Used a 20 mm eyepiece and i just can't get it focussed.

My own answer is get a 40mm eyepiece or another one of these tubes and i should be right. Is this going to solve my little problem ??

Camera that i have is a pentax k100d.

I have search the net and nobody seem to have this problem, Is it me that does something wrong.

I'm still very excited about this whole skywatching bussiness.

Thanks so much for any help.

Roof.