View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 06:52 AM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinL View Post
from the appearance of the undrizzled images you've shown in your posts, I'd guess that the subs have been adjusted by full pixels prior to stacking.
If my guess is right: Did you ever compare drizzling against sub-pixel alignment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
To be honest I do not know how exactly PixInsight creates a drizzled image. I just followed a regular path of Star Alignment that also creates drizzle data while aligning all subs, and then Image Integration allows for refining pixel rejection algorithms (it also updates individual drizzle files for each sub), and finally I used Drizzle Integration tool with standard settings to create drizzled masters.
Hi Suavi,

I think that Erwin is asking if you created the original (non-drizzled) images using nearest neighbour interpolation as opposed to one of the other modes that does sub-pixel alignment. Nearest neighbour can give a blocky appearance.

Erwin: I'll let Suavi answer about his data but my experience with undersampled data is that Drizzle still does a much better job of rounding up stars than sub-pixel interpolation without Drizzle.

Cheers,
Rick.