View Single Post
Old 31-05-2017, 01:20 AM
luka
Unregistered User

Rob, the tracking software that came with mine is useless. If I press the button on the device it will output the temperature and humidity and the values are about 3 degrees C and 10-20% different than in the tracking software. And the values provided by the device are correct when I compared them to the datasheet.

My guess is that the tracking software was written for another device which uses the same commands for reading but has a different sensor which uses different calibration values. Hence the wrong readings.

I am not sure what people are expecting from the ASCOM driver in SGP. It is a good question...

What I noticed is that people want and are building temperature/humidity loggers and considering the price of these devices and that require no DIY skills (DIY is not for everybody), with the working driver these devices would open the temperature/humidity logging to the masses. That was my thinking.

Rally, all those devices are programmed to come as HID devices. Actually often they appear as two HID devices at the same time. I don't think you can remove the MS HID driver. Can you use LabView to access HID devices? There are MS DLLs with functions that allow low level access. Once you can open it then you will need to send the correct commands to read temperature/humidity and then calibrate the readings. But opening the HID device would be the tricky part.

edit: No progress on the driver in the past few days. Have a backlog of work to do Also the sky has been clear and I just got a new (2nd hand) NEQ6 that feels lonely and needs someone to play with it