View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:25 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

I have the same version Phil. Will reinstall an older version and retry - I recall NEVER having these issues previously - the change to 1.14 was when I thought my NEQ6 was bad, as NOTHING would guide. Now PHD is doing the same with the EQ5 GOTO kit on my Vixen GPD@, so I think, and considering the responses here, it's a PHD issue.

It seems to me that PHD is sending an unnecessary signal. As I said, not guiding, in Live View with the Lodestar, the star would not move (my Vix is VERY accurate). Guide with PHD, and 70% of the time, the star drifts out of the box within 2 minutes. I had 2 hours on NGC6302 the other night, but when I finished that and slew to M20, PHD just could not guide it - same section of the sky more or less. Then tried to make it track on Fomalhaut just as a trial, and less than a minute it was out. Turn off PHD guiding, and Fomalhaut stayed in the centre of the Lodestar image for 5 minutes without movement.

I am NOT running through ASCOM, so it is not an issue unique to ASCOM driving. It's an issue across the board it would seem.

The REALLY short recalibration is VERY odd. The prior versions would go through a complete 4 or 5 minute recal. Not this one. With the previous versions, I would go inside and make a cuppa and come back