View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 11:23 AM
allan gould

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
so how did you use pempro Allan? g1 or g2 system
David I used it with G1 and found it very easy to use. Sorry I missed seeing your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight View Post
Allan,

Very interesting points there. I read with interest because I have a similar setup from a guiding point of view.

1. You mention side by side is a "disaster". So reading this, you mount your guide scope on top of the imaging scope. I assume this works on the principle if the imaging scope flexes, it takes the guide scope with it?
2. You've gone to a 2" diagonal. Again assuming this provides more rigidity to the guiding system instead of extension tubes.
3. How do you find the XY finder? I got one a few weeks ago and yet to try it out.

Cheers,
Darrin...
Darrin
1. No I mount it on top of the main scope with Losmandy rail and it's tied down tightly so there is no flex. If ,the mirror flops then I get bad guiding but I use a mirror bolt so this doesn't happen. No flex is the mantra.
2. I use a 2" diagonal so that the weight is close to the focuser and so the focuser has less pivotal motion to deal with than with extension tubes.
3. X/Y finder is most excellent. Usually there is always a GUidestar with the 72mm scope but if it's too faint or I want a better one then a few shifts with the xy finder and I have a better star. Highly recommended