View Single Post
Old 29-09-2017, 05:45 AM
Astrofriend (Lars)

AstroImageJ astrophoto editing tool tutorial

I don't think I have posted this information about the tool AstroImageJ earlier at IceInSpace.

I repeat the first part from another thread I wrote earlier and then the update I have done these days:

Introduction:
I have many years looked for a image processing tool where I can develop my own functions. I have done that many years ago in Matlab, but Matlab is very expensive and not perfect for this.

Now I have take a look at ImageJ and AstroImageJ what can be done, it looks very simple but don't be fooled, there is a lot of power behind. I found it interesting and have started to make macros to download DSLR camera files like my Canon CR2 files.

I have a tutorial on my homepage how to start whit AIJ, you find my macros to download there too:
http://astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tuto...roduction.html

I hope you find it exiting as I do!

Update:
I have done a small but significant update in my macro to the AstroImageJ editing software.

Earlier when creating files after the demosaicing process they very ordered in color order. That caused problem later when try to align comet images or images that moves because of bad polar align. Now the filenames creates so that they will sort by the time when they were taken. Hence just small movements between each image to be align. You can still have the old filename order, just set a parameter in the macro file.

This is important in this case because I'm not only align rgb images, I do demosaic rgb images and then them align r, g and b images against each other. This reduce the color aberation from lens optics and atmospheric aberration.

You find the new macro here to download and instrcuction how to used it:
http://astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tuto...wn-macros.html

I have also updated the text in different places.

/Lars