View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Progress report:

I have a RPi4 running Stellarmate 3.5.0 and a macbook pro (2011HighSierra) Got everything working using the pi & vnc on the mac direct connection via ethernet.

Plate solving, flipping, calibration & guiding (phd) auto focus & filter changes all good.

Unfortunately I made some guiding & sequence adjustments (aborted a sequence, reset then checked dither& settle) later on the fly which upset the system and it stalled out after the first sub post flip. 😔

Nevertheless, progress! Was pretty cool watching it auto flip, re-solve, lock on target, guide & image again 😎

Next night ekos remembered my dither/settle settings & kstars remembered my location on startup - a port issue remains unsolved, Keeps ‘forgetting’ port settings on startup- Every time I start it up, it connects camera, FW & mount, then looks for ports and reckons there’s only one available for both the focusser & mount. I can manually fix this with the web serial port manager, so it sees an additional port, but it’s time consuming - any thoughts? (it still requires manual slot mapping with the serial port assistant each time.)

Post flip though, the sequence aborted again, “cannot capture while focus module is busy” which was odd, as I didn’t set it to refocus post flip. Did I get that wrong?

Anyway, I then manually set it to refocus, then restarted the guider (PHD2) & restarted the sequence- all seemed ok after that.

Nearly there now